Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Sunday Craft

Since I received my new set of scriptures at Christmas I have been planing to make a scripture case for them. Inspiration and motivation have not yet combined themselves into a suitable scripture covering. Meanwhile, my scriptures have just been banging around inside my church bag and the gold edging was getting scuffed and page wrinkled.

A few weeks ago as I was loading the church bag trying to place my scriptures in a way where the pages were least likely to be destroyed by keys, random crayons, tins, pencils and books I spied this pretty kerchief on the table and remembered examining diagrams of furoshiki (wrapping objects in a piece of cloth) and Voila! The scripture wrap was born.

I used the basic (and instinctive I might add) 4 tie wrap.

No comments: