Thursday, January 24, 2008

What have you been doing lately?

Not reading. My creating has taken over my life and every moment of free time is spent crafting (mostly knitting) and not reading. I am still in 2 book groups plus need to do the reading for the book discussion groups for the homeschool group. So books on CD are my best friends!

There is an explosion of babies lately, the common denominator you are my friend. If you are my friend you are probably pregnant or past childbearing age. So I have been making lots of little baby gifts, trying not to break the bank or take up too much of my crafting time is a hard line to walk...why can't I just go buy something cute? I don't know, I just can't do it. I must give handmade baby gifts. The other thing I would like to give as a gift are copies of Signing Time but they are $20 for 1/2 hour. I just can't swing it for all the pregnant people I know.

I have just finished a cute little hat that was a royal pain. I am finishing up a baby bird and booties. I am almost finished with my new slippers and have re-cast on the frogged Sunshine sweater. I am still working on the stash bustin' curlers. I am planning a fabulous baby blanket for one friend.

I foolishly took on a commission to do a few quiet book pages and I need to do some sewing.

No comments: